User Experience Researcher
I was born in Houston, Texas and grew up in Austin, Texas. I did my undergrad at Yale, where I also acted in and directed a long-form improv group called The Purple Crayon. I spent some time as a writing and research assistant in book and film development, did a stint on the 2008 Obama campaign as a field organizer, and in 2010 went back to school to study user experience research and design at the University of Michigan's School of Information. During the summer of 2010 I interned at OkCupid in New York.
Facebook brought me on in June 2011. Since then I've done research on Sponsored Stories, Subscribe, Friend Lists, Ticker, Mobile, and News Feed. I'm currently the user experience researcher for the Facebook homepage. I live in San Francisco.
- May I Admire You? • Cool-looking people I find on the street, photographed and interviewed
- Achats Abandonnés • Microfiction in French about abandoned shopping items
- Uncommon Women • Photos of students at elite women's colleges in the late '60s and early '70s
- Sign-ification • Commentary on amateur signs
- My facebook • Click the "Subscribe" button to get my public posts in your news feed